The Yamaha quartet
The Xeno Trombone Quartet was formed by dedicated trombone players. The quartet first got together during the 33rd International Trombone Festival (ITF) held in June 2004, in which Yamaha trombone players gathered to form an ensemble. The members are:
- Alastair Kay: Jazz musician
- Douglas Yeo: Trombone player in the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Peter Sullivan: Principal trombonist in the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Tom Brantley: Member of Rhythm & Brass
Musical Instrument Guide:Trombone Contents
How to Play
How the Instrument is Made
Choosing an Instrument
Care and Maintenance
- God is in the trombone
- The trombone was a bit of a problem for cavalries...
- A trombone that would scare even a snake!
- Two instruments, both tenor, but quite different!
- A trombone player walks into pawnshop...
- You can trill just by moving your mouth
- It is possible to increase the pitch even as you extend the slide
- Famous pieces from trombone concertos
- Orchestra pieces in which the trombone plays an important role
- The Yamaha quartet
- For trombones, why does sheet music notation differ from the fundamental tone of the instrument?
- A bass trombone-with an F attachment only