Care and Maintenance of a Trombone
Cleaning small parts
Cleaning inside the instrument
- Prepare a brass soap water solution. Mix 1 part brass soap with between 10 and 15 parts warm water (30°C to 40°C).
- Apply the solution to a flexible cleaner brush and use it to clean the inside of the instrument.
- After cleaning the instrument, rinse out the brass soap with water. Use some gauze to completely dry the instrument, then apply some slide grease (or slide oil) to the slide, and apply some slide grease to the tuning slide.
Musical Instrument Guide:Trombone Contents
How to Play
How the Instrument is Made
Choosing an Instrument
Care and Maintenance
- God is in the trombone
- The trombone was a bit of a problem for cavalries...
- A trombone that would scare even a snake!
- Two instruments, both tenor, but quite different!
- A trombone player walks into pawnshop...
- You can trill just by moving your mouth
- It is possible to increase the pitch even as you extend the slide
- Famous pieces from trombone concertos
- Orchestra pieces in which the trombone plays an important role
- The Yamaha quartet
- For trombones, why does sheet music notation differ from the fundamental tone of the instrument?
- A bass trombone-with an F attachment only