The horn is a brass instrument whose soft resonant timbre allows it to harmonize well with both brass and woodwind instruments. One of the unique aspects of this instrument is that the player keeps a hand in the bell while playing.
How to Play
How the Instrument is Made
Choosing an Instrument
Care and Maintenance
- Famous horn works
- Mesmerizing fifths
- What does a very long horn sound like?
- The visual effect of "bells up"
- Mozart loved a good prank
- Is that the nature of the horn?
- An instrument by day, and a drinking mug by night
- Horn players can play the Wagner tuba, despite the name
- Why are horns included in woodwind quintets?
- What do you call someone who plays a horn?
- The reason that alto horns are used in brass bands
- What is a Vienna horn?
- Garlands do not deaden sound
- What is the Knopf model?
- New instruments have just been washed