Famous trumpet works - Solos
Compared to the violin or piano, there are relatively few solo works for the trumpet, meaning that many pieces performed on the trumpet have been arranged for the instrument. However, because works written for the trumpet make particularly good use of the features of the instrument, they have a charm unmatched by arranged works.
L. Anderson: A Trumpeter's Lullaby
As the composer to the Boston Pops Orchestra led by Arthur Fiedler, Leroy Anderson composed many endearing easy-listening pieces.
No other piece is as familiar to trumpeters as this well-known work. It is surprising that a lullaby should be patterned after a fanfare, yet it is strangely fitting. Anderson also wrote Bugler's Holiday for three solo trumpets, and this is also famous as a familiar easy-listening piece along the lines of a fanfare.
Musical Instrument Guide:Trumpet Contents
How the Instrument is Made
Choosing an Instrument
Care and Maintenance
- Trumpeters in Bach's time alternated between instruments with a variety of ranges when performing
- The keyed trumpet-the fruit of the evolutionary process
- Famous trumpet works - Concertos, part 1
- Famous trumpet works - Concertos, part 2
- Famous trumpet works - Solos
- Is a Flugelhorn a horn? Or a trumpet?
- The highest note a trumpet can produce
- Aida trumpets for the "Grand March"
- The secret of the trumpet's traditional tone: small impurities!?