How to Play the Trumpet
Fingering diagram for the trumpet
Let's try the fingering
Playing a scale on the piccolo trumpet
On a piccolo trumpet, there is an additional valve for playing low notes. Essentially, when playing a scale, the fourth valve is used to play notes below the low F. The fourth valve is operated using the little finger of the right hand or the index finger of the left hand.
For the piccolo trumpet, the fingering for the chromatic scale descending from the low C is as follows.
Musical Instrument Guide:Trumpet Contents
How the Instrument is Made
Choosing an Instrument
Care and Maintenance
- Trumpeters in Bach's time alternated between instruments with a variety of ranges when performing
- The keyed trumpet-the fruit of the evolutionary process
- Famous trumpet works - Concertos, part 1
- Famous trumpet works - Concertos, part 2
- Famous trumpet works - Solos
- Is a Flugelhorn a horn? Or a trumpet?
- The highest note a trumpet can produce
- Aida trumpets for the "Grand March"
- The secret of the trumpet's traditional tone: small impurities!?