How to Play the Clarinet
Fingering diagram for the clarinet
Try and touch the written notes for the notes you want to play
What to do when your right thumb hurts
There may be times when your right thumb gets sore from playing the clarinet for long stretches at a time. To ease this pain, you can try using a cushion that goes over the thumb rest. These are made of rubber and make the contact with the rest gentler on your thumb.
Musical Instrument Guide:Clarinet Contents
How the Instrument is Made
Choosing an Instrument
- "I Broke My Clarinet" is a French folk song
- Inspiring composers
- In Italy, a single B♭ clarinet
- At one time, most clarinets were made of boxwood
- In vogue in the 1900s-the metal clarinet
- A transparent clarinet?
- Famous clarinet works: concertos
- Famous clarinet works: chamber music
- What is the relationship between hertz and cents?