How to Play the Flute
Fingering diagrams for the flute
Try and touch the written notes for the notes you want to play!
* Click on any note on the score to see its fingering.
* When there are alternate fingerings, you can see them by clicking on "alternate fingerings."
- * From the fifth bar onward, the fingering for E-C#(Db) is the same as for an octave.
- * The actual pitch of an alto flute is four tones down from the written score.
- * The actual pitch of a bass flute is eight tones (one octave) down from the written score.
- * The actual pitch of a piccolo is eight tones (one octave) up from the written score.