Guide / Access
Scroll down for more information.
Thank you for your patronage of Innovation Road. To prevent the spread of novel coronavirus infection, we at Innovation Road have taken a range of measures, such as limiting the number of entrants to the facility in order to avoid the “3Cs,” and regular disinfecting of the premises. Accordingly, we would like to ask for your understanding and cooperation with the following measures.
*The “Three Cs”
1. Closed spaces with poor ventilation
2. Crowded places with many people nearby
3. Close-contact settings such as close-range conversations
Visiting Innovation Road
As we are restricting the number of people who can enter Innovation Road, be sure to make a reservation before your visit.
*No entry will be permitted without a reservation.
Up to 90 days prior to your visit
*If Innovation Road is closed on the 90th day, then the following day
*We accept reservations for schools up to 150 days in advance.
Reservations are accepted for the following three rotating time slots each day.
*Visits are limited to one two-hour visit per day per person.
|Number of visitors||Up to 50 visitors per time slot|
1. Unguided tour
2. Guided tours by Innovation Road staff
Held every Friday and Saturday
*Please telephone us regarding the availability of English-speaking guides.
*The above is subject to change without notice due to trends in COVID 19 infection. Additionally, we may ask you to cancel your visit at short notice for reasons such as the declaration of a state of emergency.
Requests with regard to preventing the spread of novel coronavirus
- * We ask that the following people refrain from visiting Innovation Road.
- Those who feel unwell, or who have cold-like symptoms such as a cough or fever
- Those who have had close contact with someone infected with the novel coronavirus
- Those with family or friends who may have been infected with the novel coronavirus
- Those who have had close contact with persons who, in the past two weeks, have traveled to or resided in countries or regions subject to entry restrictions imposed by the Japanese government
Measures to prevent infection at Innovation Road
- * Staff measure their body temperatures every day, and are careful to maintain their health.
- * Staff wear facemasks and disinfect their hands.
- * An acrylic panel to prevent droplet infection has been placed on the reception counter.
- * We have placed restrictions on the number of people who can enter Innovation Road, and have measures to avoid “Three Cs” situations in place.
- * The interior of the facility is ventilated appropriately, and we have antiseptic solutions in place.
- * Because Innovation Road is located within Yamaha Corporation headquarters, we would ask that you be sure to check in at the security checkpoint.
- * Children 12 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- * Intoxicated persons will not be admitted entry to Innovation Road.
- * Although some displays feature instruments that you may try playing, as we are a corporate museum we would ask that you refrain from playing for extended periods or for practice purposes. In some cases, Innovation Road staff may request that you stop playing.
- * We limit the playing of certain instruments while guided tours are underway. Your understanding is appreciated.
- * Please refrain from eating, drinking, or talking on cellular phones.
- * Please do not bring pets to Innovation Road. (However, guide dogs may accompany their owners.)
- * Please do not film video content shown in this facility.
- * Smoking is not permitted anywhere in this facility or on Yamaha premises.
- * There are coin-operated lockers (which will refund your money after use) and multi-purpose toilets available for your use.
Telephone (reservations only)
20 minutes from Hamamatsu Exit or Hamamatsu Nishi Exit or Mikatahara Smart Interchange on the Tomei Expressway.
There are 28 parking spaces available.
Approximately 8 minutes from JR Hamamatsu Station.
Two minutes’ walk from Hachiman Station on the Enshu Railway Line.
Building 21, Yamaha Corporation Headquarters 10-1,