- Reduction in contained harmful substances and volatile organic compounds (“VOCs”)
- Employment of alternatives to rare woods: Switching to materials that contribute to sustainability
- Promotion of saving and reuse of resources
- Reduction in energy consumed during usage
- Improvement of sound environment
- Development of products that feature environmental performance that makes them attractive,make an appeal to customers for these qualities
Yamaha Eco-Products program
Summary of the program
The Yamaha Eco-Products program is an initiative aimed at certifying environmentally-friendly products that meet standards established by Yamaha.
The Yamaha Eco-Label (shown on the right) is attached to those products certified as Yamaha Eco-Products. The aim of the program is to provide customers with environmental-related information and facilitate their identification of our products meeting these standards when they select items to purchase.
Outline of the program
For creating the sustainable society, Yamaha Group strives to develop the environmentally friendly products based on Yamaha Group Environmental Policy for creating the sustainable society. Yamaha Eco-Products program started in 2015 to accelerate its efforts.
Concepts behind the program
To promote the development of eco-friendly products, the Yamaha Group has set “Product Environmental Quality Objectives” that take account of environmental preservation, sustainability of materials supply, value for consumers, and other qualities. Those products that meet these standards are specially certified as Yamaha Eco-Products that make major contributions toward realizing these objectives.
Environmental Quality Objectives for Yamaha Products
Yamaha products that achieve one or more of the following will be certified:
- In comparison within the same product category of in-house manufactured products, the product is found to have remarkably enhanced*1 environmental performance*2 compared with the base year*3 or benchmark value*4.
- In the same product category in the industry, the product is found to have been designed to have the top quantitative environmental performance.
- In the same product category in the industry, the product is found to be designed to have not just standard, but excellent qualitative environmental performance.
- The product has received third-party certification or an award for environmentally friendliness.
- *1 Verified to show improvement of not less than 20%
- *2 The environmental efficiency, defined as product performance and environmental load, is acceptable.
- *3 Not exceeding five (5) years from the date of the application.
- *4 As based on specified values, guideline values, legal standard values, voluntary standard values, etc.
Certified Products example
|Product Categories||The reasons for certification||Model Number|
|SILENT Piano Unit (for Japan)||Improvement of sound circumstance||RSG series|
|Electone STAGEA||Longer product life||ELS-02 series|
|Plant-based Plastic Recorders (for Europe / for USA)||Use of Plant-based Plastic||YRS-401/402B
|Plant-based Plastic Pianicas||Use of Plant-based Plastic||P-37E (for Japan)|
|Lead free solder Brass/wood winds (for Europe / for USA)||Reduction in contained harmful substances||All of the Brass wind
|Improvement of sound environment||SB Series (for Europe / for USA)
PM Series (for Europe / for USA)
|Networked AV Products
“MusicCast” (for Europe / for USA)
|Energy conservation (Low networked standby power consumption)||RX-A670/ RX-A770/
|PA Power Amps||Energy conservation (High efficiency Amps)||
|PA Powered Mixers||Energy conservation (High efficiency Amps)||EMX7/EMX5|
|PA Powered Speakers||Energy conservation (High efficiency Amps)||DSR Series|
|DXS XLF Series (for Europe/ for USA)|
|PA Systems||Energy conservation (High efficiency Amps)||STAGEPAS Series (for Europe / for USA)|
|PA Surface Mount Speakers||Saving of resources and reduction of waste (Reduction of packaging material)||VXS Series "M model"|
|L2 Switch (for Japan)||Energy conservation (Achieving 125% of the energy consumption efficiency standards of the Japan Energy Conservation Act)||SWX2100-8G
- Yamaha Group Sustainability Policy
- Yamaha Group Human Rights Policy
- Yamaha Group Environmental Policy
- Yamaha Eco-Products program
- Yamaha Group Purchasing Philosophy
- Yamaha Supplier CSR Code of Conduct
- Yamaha Group Timber Procurement Policy
- Green Procurement Standards
- Yamaha Compliance Code of Conduct