In principle, this sustainability report covers Yamaha Group companies (Yamaha Corporation and its 56 consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and overseas). References to “Yamaha” [or “the Group”] in this report indicate the Yamaha Group. Certain sections of this report, however, require a more granular scope. In these cases, the scope is specified.
This sustainability report is designed to communicate, to a wide group of stakeholders, the sustainability vision and initiatives of the Yamaha Group.
In compiling this report, we prioritized the disclosure of themes of interest and important issues pertaining to the Group based on the insight gained through communication with stakeholders. In addition, information was included on a wide range of initiatives for contributing to the realization of a sustainable society based on the Yamaha Group Sustainability Policy along with a breadth of detailed data on these initiatives.
Organizational Scope of Reporting
April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
1. The above period is referred to as fiscal 2022 in this report.
2. Certain initiatives underway prior to March 2021 and information from April 2022 onward are also included in this report.
Date of Issue
Report Published: September 2022
Previous Report Published: September 2021
Next Report to Be Published: September 2023
Sustainability Reporting Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative
Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2018 Version) of the Ministry of the Environment
ISO 26000 (Social responsibility)
Recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- Yamaha Group Sustainability Policy
- Yamaha Group Human Rights Policy
- Yamaha Group Diversity & Inclusion Policy
- Yamaha Group Environmental Policy
- Yamaha Eco-Products program
- Yamaha Group Purchasing Philosophy
- Yamaha Supplier CSR Code of Conduct
- Yamaha Group Timber Procurement Policy
- Yamaha Group Green Procurement Policy
- Yamaha Compliance Code of Conduct