In principle, sustainability reports cover Yamaha Group companies (Yamaha Corporation and its 57 consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and overseas). References to “Yamaha” in this report indicate the Yamaha Group. Certain sections of reports, however, require a more granular scope and thus have specific targets.
The Yamaha Group is working to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society as part of the exercise of its corporate social responsibility.
The Yamaha Group publishes sustainability reports via its website to communicate this vision of promoting sustainability and its related initiatives to the Group’s broad stakeholder base.
In compiling these reports, we prioritize the disclosure of themes of interest and important issues pertaining to the Group based on the insight gained through communication with stakeholders. In addition, we have been disclosing a wealth of information in an easy-to-read format that reflects the core subjects of ISO 26000, a guidance on social responsibility.
Furthermore, this sustainability report (website) has been prepared in accordance with the Core option of the GRI Standards. Furthermore, we referenced the Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2018 Version) of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan.
Organizations Included in the Scope of Reporting
April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020
* The above period is referred to as fiscal 2020 in this report.
* Certain initiatives under way prior to March 2019 and information from April 2020 onward are also included in this report.
Date of Issue
Report Published: September 2020
Previous Report Published: September 2019
Next Report to Be Published: September 2021
- Yamaha Group Sustainability Policy
- Yamaha Group Human Rights Policy
- Yamaha Group Diversity & Inclusion Policy
- Yamaha Group Environmental Policy
- Yamaha Eco-Products program
- Yamaha Group Purchasing Philosophy
- Yamaha Supplier CSR Code of Conduct
- Yamaha Group Timber Procurement Policy
- Yamaha Group Green Procurement Policy
- Yamaha Compliance Code of Conduct