In principle, the Yamaha Sustainability Report comprises Yamaha Group companies (Yamaha Corporation and its 59 consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and overseas). References to “Yamaha” in this report indicate the Yamaha Group. Certain sections of the report, however, which require a more granular scope, have specific targets.
The Yamaha Group is executing initiatives aimed at the realization of a sustainable society as its corporate social responsibility.
The Yamaha Group publishes a Sustainability Report on its website to communicate its vision to promote sustainability as well as its initiatives to the Group’s broad stakeholder base.
Since publishing the Environmental Report in 2000, we have worked to prioritize the disclosure of themes of interest and important issues of Group responsibility, based on our communication with stakeholders.
We have been disclosing a wealth of information in an easy-to-read format since 2014 to reflect ISO 26000, which provides guidance for social responsibility.
Furthermore, this Sustainability Report (website) has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards (2016 Version): Core option. In addition, we referenced the “Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2012 Version)” of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan.
Organizations Included in the Scope of Reporting
April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018
* The above period is referred to as fiscal 2018 in this report. In the English version, the fiscal year written is based on the year ending March 31.
* Certain initiatives underway prior to March 2017 and information from April 2018 onward are also included in this report.
Date of Issue
Report Published: November 2018
Previous Report Published: September 2017
Next Report to Be Published: September 2019
- Yamaha Group Sustainability Policy
- Yamaha Group Human Rights Policy
- Yamaha Group Environmental Policy
- Yamaha Eco-Products program
- Yamaha Group Purchasing Philosophy
- Yamaha Supplier CSR Code of Conduct
- Yamaha Group Timber Procurement Policy
- Green Procurement Standards
- Yamaha Compliance Code of Conduct
- Yamaha Group Tax Policy