New Contents Coming to Yamaha Super Surround Theater on April 26
Experience a Live Yamaha Symphonic Band Performance Recreated with Yamaha's ViReal™ 3D Sound Technology
Yamaha Corporation announces that all-new contents will be coming to the Super Surround Theater in its corporate museum, named Innovation Road, on April 26.
The Super Surround Theater is a 108.6-channel theater that features ViReal™*1, Yamaha's innovative 3D sound technology. With 28 speakers on the ceiling, 80 speakers on the walls, and 6 subwoofers on the floor, viewers enjoy incredible sound in combination with 220° widescreen video. The theater also uses Yamaha's AFC Image (Active Field Control Image)*2 system to control the reverberation and perceived positions of sound within a space to deliver a realistic, immersive sonic experience.
The newly added contents include performances of The Little Man in the Woods, featured in Yamaha Music School commercials, and two other pieces, presented by the Yamaha Symphonic Band, which consists of Yamaha Corporation and Yamaha Group employees. Visitors can enjoy these dazzling and delightful performances by the Yamaha Symphonic Band, further enhanced by the spectacular video and 3D sound.
- *1ViReal™ is Yamaha's innovative 3D sound technology. The newly added contents employ technologies such as ViReal Mic, which records sound while preserving impact and acoustic ambience, and AFC Image, as appropriate, to produce realistic 3D sound positioning, sense of distance, and reverberation. https://research.yamaha.com/ja/technologies/vireal/
- *2AFC Image is Yamaha's innovative object-based sound image control system that allows users to create immersive acoustic environments in any space. https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/afc/index.html
Program Performed by Yamaha Symphonic Band (Conductor: Shimpei Sasaki）
- Mickey Mouse March ~Introduction of band instruments~ (Jimmie Dodd/arr. Mikio Gohma)
Enjoy the upbeat and fun melody of this fan favorite, performed by an ensemble of wind instruments that everyone knows and loves.
- The Pines of the Appian Way from Symphonic Poem “Pines of Rome” (Ottorino Respighi/arr. Eiji Suzuki)
The offstage instruments (banda in Italian) in this performance can be heard coming from above and to the sides, as if the viewer were in an actual concert hall.
(Banda performance cooperation: HAMAMATSU SEISEI HIGH SCHOOL Wind Orchestra)
- The Little Man in the Woods (German folk song/arr. Itaru Sakai)
Experience sight and sound from two different perspectives: in the audience and on the stage.
The Innovation Road corporate museum gives visitors a sense of Yamaha's corporate heritage and culture, and is a space in which they can look at, listen to, and experience the path that Yamaha has taken to overcome challenges in the past, and that it will continue to travel into the future.