* Subject to change without notice
= Live Broadcast
= On Demand Weekend
Caleb Borick (USA), Fifth Prize
2019 International e-Piano
Lloyd Ultan Recital Hall at University of Minnesota
2106 S 4th St
Minneapolis, MN 55455
This special rebroadcast features Fifth Prize winner Caleb Borick of the USA. Caleb has won numerous awards and scholarships, some of which are the Grand Prize in the 2014 Philadelphia International Music Festival’s Concerto Competition, first place in the 2017 Ronald Sachs International Music Competition, and first place 2019 MTNA Senior Division for SC.
Caleb performed with many orchestras, including the Greater New Orleans Youth Orchestra (GNOYO) for their 20th Anniversary East Coast Tour to Carnegie Hall. He has appeared on WPR’s The Midday, KPR’s Classical Music in the Morning, and was featured on NPR’s From The Top.
A frequent participant in international music festivals, Caleb also regularly plays concerts at local nursing homes and community outreaches. He is a volunteer with the Medical University of SC’s Arts in Healing Program. In his spare time Caleb enjoys karate. He is a third-degree black belt, and when he is not playing the piano, he teaches karate to younger students in schools three days a week.
The selections featured in this performance include:
- Sonata No. 18 in E-flat Major, Op. 31 No. 3, I.Allegro (Ludwig van Beethoven)
- Etude Op. 10 No. 4 (Frederic Chopin)
- Sonata No. 7 in B-flat Major, Op. 83, I.Allegro inquieto (Sergei Prokofiev)
- Variations serieuses, Op. 54 (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Sonata No. 19 in C Minor, D. 958, I.Allegro (Franz Schubert)
- Partita No. 4 in D Major, BWV 828, I. Overture (Johann Sebastian Bach)
This performance was originally streamed live and broadcast from the 2019 International e-Piano Junior Competition in July 2019, in Minneapolis, MN.