* Subject to change without notice
= Live Broadcast
= On Demand Weekend
Solomon Ge (USA), Fourth Prize
2019 International e-Piano
Lloyd Ultan Recital Hall at University of Minnesota
2106 S 4th St
Minneapolis, MN 55455
This special rebroadcast features Fourth Place winner Solomon Ge of the USA, a pianist and composer from San Jose, CA, who currently studies piano at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. Solomon is the winner of the 2019 Marilyn Mindell Piano Competition, 2019 Palo Alto Philharmonic Concerto Competition, 2019 CAPMT Honors State Competition, 2019 California Youth Symphony Concerto Competition, 2019 Golden State Youth Orchestra Competition, and 2019 Mondavi Young Artists’ Competition. He has performed with the Peninsula Symphony, Palo Alto Philharmonic, and Round Rock Symphony, and will perform with the California Youth Symphony, Golden State Youth Orchestra, and the Palo Alto Philharmonic in the 2019-20 season.
As a composer, he has won the 2018 CMS Young Composers Competition, 2018 MTNA Composition Competition, and is a finalist in the 2018 NextNotes Composer Awards, 2018 National Young Composers Challenge, and ASCAP Young Composers Competition.
The selections featured in this performance include:
- Sonata No. 18 in E-flat Major, Op. 31 No. 3, I.Allegro (Ludwig van Beethoven)
- Astral Mirage (Solomon Ge)
- Sonata No. 2, Op. 19, I.Andante, II. Presto (Alexander Scriabin)
- Promptu (2004) (Elinor Armer)
- French Suite No. 5 in G Major, BWV 816 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- Scherzo No. 1 in B Minor, Op. 20 (Frederic Chopin)
This performance was originally streamed live and broadcast from the 2019 International e-Piano Junior Competition in July 2019, in Minneapolis, MN.