How to use - Using the PSG-01S with Skype.
1. Install the PSG-01S Controller.
2. Connect the PSG-01S to the USB port on a PC. You can also connect a Web camera to the PC if necessary.
If the Web camera includes a microphone, the PC may switch the audio to the web camera microphone.
3. Place the PSG-01S on a surface facing the talker.
4. Start Skype.
5. Click on a contact, then press the Off-hook button.
6. Start a conversation.
Adjust the volume
Mic mute on * Lay down PSG-01S to mute the microphone.
Muting the microphones During a Skype call, lay down this unit. The microphones are turned off temporarily.
To turn on microphones, stand this unit again.
7. Press the On-hook button to end the call.
When the included controller is installed:
- You can adjust the unit’s settings
- You can place/accept/terminate Skype calls with PSG-01S button operation
Smooth hands-free communication.
Echo cancelling technology is essential to ensure smooth hands-free communication. The PSG-01S features the same adaptive echo canceller built into the Projectphone. The adaptive echo canceller accurately removes feedback, the preventing any echo or cut-...
Smooth hands-free communication.
Echo cancelling technology is essential to ensure smooth hands-free communication. The PSG-01S features the same adaptive echo canceller built into the Projectphone. The adaptive echo canceller accurately removes feedback, the preventing any echo or cut-outs.
Highly stable performance.
The echo canceller equipped in the PSG-01S analyzes the callers’ voices to assess the operating environment, then automatically adjusts the filter factor as needed. Because it ensures consistent echo removal in a variety of acoustic environments, it is perfect for business applications that demand a high level of reliability and stability.
The PSG-01S picks up your voice clearly with four high performance microphones. By narrowing the pickup angle of the four arrayed microphones to a perpendicular directionality, will be suppressed and voices will come through pristinely.
Stereo speakers ideal for music playback.
The PSG-01S comes with the same quality of stereo speakers found on dedicated audio products. When you lay the PSG-01S on its side, it automatically enters “Relax mode” for use as an audio and video stereo speaker.
USB bus powered.
The PSG-01S runs on USB bus power—simply connect to a PC with a USB cable. Even if you do not use Skype, you can connect to a USB port for use as a plug-and-play microphone speaker for your PC.
Compact and lightweight .
Pocket size: weighs only 210g. As it is easier to store than cumbersome headsets, you can conveniently bring it to the office, home, or to business trips for hands-free Skype calls.
Change placement to switch between two styles.
Place vertically to enter “Active mode” for Skype calls, or horizontally to enter "Relax mode" for stereo playback. Simply change orientation to instantly switch between operating modes.
Audio & Video
Using as a stereo speaker
Lay the unit down (Relax style). In this style, The built-in Hi-Fi stereo speakers produce a pleasant sound for listening to music and video.
Using as a recording microphone
1. Connect the PSG-01S to the USB port on a PC.
2. Press the REC MIC button to activate the recording microphone.
*Requires audio recording software on the PC.
3. Start the recording software on the PC.
*To use the Windows Sound Recorder, click [start] – [All Programs] – [Accessories] – [Entertainment] – [Sound Recorder].
4. Start recording.
To playback the recorded sound, turn off the recording mode by pressing REC MIC. Lay down PSG-01S to switch it to the listening style.
Q: What is PSG-01S?
PSG-01S is a compact-size microphone speaker device, designed and tuned specially for Skype.
Q: Why PSG-01S?
Yamaha’s high quality microphones, speakers and state-of-the-art echo canceller will provide not only a smooth simultaneous communication, but also clear audio recording and music playback that will definitely change your Skype experience.
- Built-in high-performance echo canceller will provide sheer comfort of hands-free communication
- 2 embedded high efficiency speaker units with the all new surround formats are capable of providing a powerful wide band stereo audio
- Embedded acceleration sensor will distinct the position of the unit, and automatically switch the function mode. PSG-01S is ready for Skype communication as a speakerphone when it is placed vertically, and ready for music playback as a stereo speaker when it is placed horizontally.
Q: How do I connect to my laptop or PC?
Just plug the PSG-01S into the USB port by using the USB cable included in the package and install PSG-01S Controller application software (Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista and Mac OS X), as it will automatically become the default audio device for Windows or Mac (speaker and microphones), and Skype calls automatically routed to PSG-01S, while power being supplied from the PC via USB.
Q: What is the manufacturer’s warranty?
PSG-01S is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
Q: How can I get the warranty service?
If PSG-01S appears to require service, please follow the instructions below.
- Pack the product securely in the original shipping box.
- Prepare a printed document with an explanation of the problem(s) in detail, along with a sales receipt or any other proof of date and place of purchase.
- Contact the support team on the e-ticket system to get the return address details and further instructions for your region.
Q: Who will love PSG-01S?
PSG-01S is the ideal audio peripheral for all Skype users who want to enjoy hands-free communication with ease. It is especially suitable for home workers and travelers who are particular about sound quality.
Q: What do I do if I have a problem?
- If you use PSG-01S on Windows XP, USB disconnect system sound will be disabled while PSG-01S controller is running. This is because PSG-01S controller disables the system sound in order to prevent unstable behavior of Windows when the USB cable is disconnected, so that it is not an accident.
- If you use PSG-01S on Windows Vista or Windows 7, three LEDs of PSG-01S top might blink when you shake PSG-01S right after connecting PSG-01S with your PC (controller shows “Mute” status). In this case, you can use PSG-01S as normal if you start Skype communication.
- If you use PSG-01S on Windows Vista or Windows 7, and when your PC goes into sleep status while Skype communication is active (or you are playing music using iTunes etc.), you might have a problem to restart the communication (or playing music) even though you resume your PC, because PSG-01S is not recognized as the audio device at your PC resumption. In this case, please restart your PC. Please be aware that it might take longer time to complete shutdown procedure.
- If you open PSG-01S manuals (Quick Start Guide, or User’s Manual) using Preview on Mac OS 10.5.x, you might be able to see Bookmarks at all or see garbled Bookmark texts. In this case, please use Acrobat Reader instead.
|Interfaces||USB 2.0 Full Speed|
|Maximum power consumption||Approximately 2.5 W|
|Radio interference standard||FCC Part 15 (US) EN55022 (EU)|
|Operating environment||Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F) Humidity: 20 to 85% (no condensation)|
|Weight||210 g (7.4 oz)|
|Dimensions||49 x 121 x 38 mm (1-15/16" x 4-25/32" x 1-1/2")|
|Power supply||USB bus power (5 V/500mA)|
|System environment||OS:Windows Vista (32bit), Windows XP SP2 or later (32bit) CPU:1 GHz or more, Intel Pentium/Celeron processor (or compatible) Memory:256 MB or more Drive:CD-ROM drive USB port:USB 1.1 or later (USB 2.0 recommended) Other:Broadband network|
|Accessories||USB cable (1.2 m), carrying case, CD-ROM, manual|
|Other||Firmware update (transferred from PC via USB)|
|Microphones||4 (Unidirectional microphone)|
|Signal processing||Adaptive echo canceller, noise reduction, microphone array control, EUPHONY MOBILE|
|Frequency bandwidth for sound pickup||Communication: 300 to 7,000 Hz Recording: 100 to 20,000 Hz|
|Frequency bandwidth for playback||Communication:300 to 20,000 Hz Listening:300 to 20,000 Hz|
To save a PDF file, click on the target file, and then use the file-saving functionality in your browser or Adobe Reader.