Yamaha Group Human Rights Policy
The Yamaha Group acknowledges its responsibilities as a corporation and will always strive to respect human rights of all stakeholders across its value chain, with the goal of achieving a society that safeguards the dignity of all.
This policy specifies the Yamaha Group’s views and responsibilities regarding respect for human rights and provides an overarching framework for other documents relating to human rights initiatives including the Yamaha Compliance Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all officers and employees of Yamaha Corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries, and is reflected in the business activities of the Yamaha Group.
Compliance with International Norms and Laws on Human Rights
The Yamaha Group respects international norms on human rights* and has developed this policy based on these norms.
The Yamaha Group complies with respective laws and regulations of the countries and regions in which it operates. If a law or regulation of a country or region conflicts with an internationally recognized standard for human rights, we pursue ways to honor the internationally recognized standard.
- * International norms on human rights include the International Bill of Human Rights (consisting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenants on Human Rights [the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights]), the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, and the United Nations Global Compact and Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
Yamaha Group’s Responsibilities Regarding Respect for Human Rights
The Yamaha Group understands that its business activities may directly or indirectly affect the human rights of stakeholders. We therefore declare that respect for human rights will continue to form the basis of our business activities. In the event of any adverse impacts occurring, we will respond to them and fulfill our responsibilities as a global corporate group.
- The Yamaha Group strives to provide access to products and services that are easy to use to a greater number of people, while ensuring the safety of its customers.
- The Yamaha Group strives to be an organization where each person’s individuality and creativity are respected as sources of value creation and all can demonstrate their full potential through their work.
- The Yamaha Group will continue to promote communication between employees and employers, and to establish a safe and sound work environment. The Yamaha Group will also endeavor to prohibit forced labor and child labor, prohibit any and all discrimination in employment practices, and prevent inhumane treatment. It is expected that these attitudes be upheld not only by the Yamaha Group, but also by its suppliers and other business partners who may affect others through the Yamaha Group’s business.
- As its business activities may affect the community, the Yamaha Group strives to constructively cooperate and coordinate with the community while responding to the expectations of society.
To Fulfill Our Responsibilities Regarding Respect for Human Rights
- Human Rights Due Diligence
- The Yamaha Group will endeavor to identify, prevent and mitigate adverse human rights impacts by implementing human rights due diligence in connection with its business activities.
- If adverse human rights impacts have been directly or indirectly caused by its business activities, the Yamaha Group will provide remedy through appropriate investigations and responses.
- Education and Training
- The Yamaha Group conducts education and training to ensure this policy is understood across all business activities of the Yamaha Group and implemented in the respective activities.
- Reporting and Disclosure
- The Yamaha Group will appropriately disclose the results of human rights due diligence performed under this policy and the progress of relevant efforts on its website or in its annual reports.
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- The Yamaha Group will engage in dialogue with relevant stakeholders about actual and potential adverse impacts on human rights, taking into account the opinions of experts.
Established: January 31, 2018
Revised: June 1, 2023