Yamaha Group Sustainability Policy
Our aim is "Sharing Passion & Performance"
The Corporate Philosophy of the Yamaha Group is, "With our unique expertise and sensibilities, gained from our devotion to sound and music, we are committed to creating excitement and cultural inspiration together with people around the world."
Based on this philosophy, Yamaha conducts its sustainability activities according to the following guidelines, seeking to contribute to the sustainable development of society and to further strengthen the bond of trust with its stakeholders through sound, transparent management methods, and corporate activities that balance social and environmental concerns.
- By creating new values through products and services focused on social and environmental issues, Yamaha contributes to the sustainable development of society.
- Through business development and social contributions based in each region of the globe, Yamaha contributes to the promotion and popularization of music, and to the development of communities.
- By understanding the significance of protecting the natural environment and maintaining biodiversity, and by promoting the reduction of environmental burden through measures such as sustainable procurement of timber and lowering greenhouse gas emissions, Yamaha works to maintain a healthy global environment.
- Yamaha observes laws, ordinances, and social norms, and moreover, conducts business in a fair and impartial manner throughout the entire value chain, including activities such as socially responsible procurement carried out in cooperation with business partners.
- Yamaha endeavors to prevent abuses of human rights, responding appropriately to the effect of its business activities as well as to any attendant risks to human rights, with the goal of achieving a society that safeguards the dignity of all.
- Yamaha works to create an atmosphere that holds in high regard the employee diversity that is a source of the new values created within the company, and which allows each person to fully demonstrate their sensibilities and creativity through training and use, without regard to race, nationality, gender, or age.
Formulated in February 2010 and revised in July 2018