St. Simmons, GA. Church technicians and musicians seeking the finest in-depth training available in the areas of audio, musicianship, lighting, recording, and media presentation are invited to attend the
Worship Arts Technology Summit
WATS will provide instruction in a range of worship performance fields, offered in one location by experienced instructors at subsidized rates. Fees for the summit sessions begin at the low price of just $149.00 for three days. Meals and lodging are available on site at nominal charges and group discounts apply. The summit's sponsors Yamaha Corporation of America, Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc., Shure and Martin Professional are underwriting the cost of the conference to enable as many church tech teams as possible to attend.
Participants will receive hands-on training from recognized experts, who will offer focused teaching and certification. Most technical training conferences last one or two days and rarely afford the opportunity to apply theory to realistic situations. Attendees at the Worship Arts Technology Summit will be able to get their hands on top-quality gear and apply what they learn under the guidance of world-class music, sound and lighting experts with extensive teaching experience.
All skill levels are welcome and training will be presented in structured tracks, allowing attendees to begin with the basics and build on their knowledge with a series of increasingly advanced class offerings. In-depth three-day tracks will include Audio, Musician, Lighting and Media.Topics to be explored include Art and Science of the Mix, Advanced Wireless Microphones, Sound Design in Worship, Analog Consoles and PC-Based Lighting Control.
WATS instructors include top audio engineers and world class musicians who have worked with an impressive line up of artists, including Chris Tomlin, Paul Baloche, Twila Paris, Amy Grant, Israel Houghton, Matt Redman, Don Moen, Michael W. Smith, Leeland, Ron Kenoly, Tommy Walker and many more. These gifted teachers possess not only technical expertise, but also a heart for the church and its musicians and technicians.
Technical Arts Instructors include:
- Randy Weitzel Began his career touring with Elvis in 1973 and went on to tour with Elton John, The Rolling Stones and Billy Joel. In 1981, he started a business providing mixing services to clients, including Diana Ross, Paul Simon, Madonna, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Janet Jackson. He now works for Yamaha Commercial Audio, Inc. and continues to mix for A Prairie Home Companion, David Foster and the Billy Graham Evangelical Association in his free time.
- John Mills Audio and touring veteran (17 years) who enjoys sharing his expertise with worship audiences. Served as Front of House engineer for Chris Tomlin, Lincoln Brewster and Shane & Shane.
- Doug Gould With over 25 years in the pro audio industry, most recently for Shure, Doug has presented hundreds of workshops around the world regarding wireless microphone and personal monitor systems for houses of worship. He is a faculty member and presenter for Integrity's Seminars4Worship series, Christian Music Summit, the School of Audio for the International Worship Institute and many more. He is Worship Leader at Heritage Christian Center in East Windsor, N.J.
Instrumental and Vocal Arts Instructors include:
- Carl Albrecht (Drums) Has performed on numerous Christian, pop, country and jazz projects, including work with Don Moen, LeAnn Rimes and Phil Driscoll. He regularly conducts seminars and workshops.
- Aaron Williamson (Bass) Currently plays with the group 33Miles and works with the University of Mobile's top vocal group, Voices of Mobile. He has performed with Paul Baloche, Don Moen and Lenny LeBlanc, among others.
- Sheri Gould (Vocals) A worship leader and music director since 1986, she served as director of Good News Productions, a theatrical outreach group, and regularly appears at major worship conferences.
- Ed Kerr (Keyboard) Has composed songs with Paul Baloche, performed with many other artists and has issued instructional DVD's "Keyboards in Contemporary Praise and Worship" and "Keyboards: The Songs of Today."
- Tom Lane (Guitar) Recording artist, producer, songwriter and guitarist who has teamed with over 80 artists and worship leaders, including Paul Baloche, Leeland, Amy Grant and Don Moen.
For registration and information, visit www.worshipartstechnologysummit.com