All entries will become the property of Yamaha. Limit one entry per individual per text or email address.
2. ENTRY. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time) on August 4, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on October 15, 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). There are two ways to enter: 1) Via Text Message: Text the word "YAMAHA" to 53203 Or 2) Internet: During the Sweepstakes Period, all Entrants must submit a completed online entry form available at www.yamaha.com/verizon; all designated information must be submitted to be eligible to enter and win. Limit one entry per individual and per email address. Entries must be received by Yamaha's servers no later than 11:59 (PT) on October 15, 2010. No automated entries accepted; incorrect, incomplete, untimely, lost, misaddressed, misdirected or unverifiable entries are void. All entries become the property of Yamaha and will not be returned.
3. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.On or about October 16, 2010 one winner will be chosen by random drawing from all eligible entries received by Yamaha. The winner will be notified by text and/or email, to the text and/or email address provided, within 48 hours of drawing, and the winner must respond to Yamaha's text and/or email notification within 7 calendar days or prize winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing. If the prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. The prizewinner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and other costs pertaining to the awarded prize. The prizewinner agrees to allow Yamaha to use the winner's name (whether in print publication, online, or other means of communication), without compensation, to notify the public of their winnings and may be required to sign a publicity release. A list of Winners will be announced to the public via press release within 7 days of prize winner's redemption.
4. PRIZES AND THEIR VALUE. One Grand Prize: The winner will receive one Yamaha instrument of their choice up to $2500 (MSRP). The approximate retail value of the prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $2500 (MSRP). Retail value is subject to change without notice to entrants. Prize comes with available manufacturer warranty. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of Yamaha. Prizes are subject to restrictions and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Winners will be identified on Yamaha's website at www.yamaha.com/verizon. Winners will receive an IRS form 1099 from Yamaha. Yamaha is not responsible for lost or misdelivered prizes due to entrant's inaccurate or improper address information. Yamaha is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged prizes, once received and in the possession of prizewinner. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or otherwise, except that Yamaha retains the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater retail value.
5. INTERNET. If, for any reason, Yamaha is unable to conduct this Sweepstakes as planned due to technical failures, such as those caused by a computer virus, hacking, other unauthorized interference, fraud, or any other cause beyond the control of Yamaha which obstructs or otherwise adversely affects the proper administration, reliability, fairness, or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Yamaha reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any person found to have interfered or tampered with the Sweepstakes, and if deemed necessary by Yamaha in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Yamaha assumes no responsibility for any failure in transmission, however caused, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, communications line failure, theft or destruction of information or unauthorized access to entries, their damage or alteration. Yamaha is not responsible for its failure to receive any email, essay or entry form due to software failure, technical problems, human error or transmission congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an Entrant's, or any other person's, computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading of any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: YAMAHA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER PENALTIES, OR REMEDIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FROM ANY PERSON(S) ATTEMPTING TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE CONDUCT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO DAMAGE THE WEBSITE.
If a dispute arises over the identity of the person who transmitted an entry via an identified email address, the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online provider or other organization (e.g. business, education institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addressees for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any entry sent through the use of an automated sending device will not be accepted and will not be considered a valid entry.
7. RELEASE. By participating in this Sweepstakes, all entrants and prize winners release, discharge, and hold harmless Yamaha Corporation of America, its parent company, Yamaha Corporation, Verizon Wireless, and their respective partnerships, subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates, assigns and agencies, including, without limitation, their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability or claims for any injury, loss, illness, litigation or damages arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, use, misuse, non-use or possession of the prize. Any portion of the prize not accepted by Winner will be forfeited, and the Released Parties are not responsible for any inability of the Winner to accept or use the prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. Released Parties are not responsible for printing or typographic errors in any Sweepstakess or related material or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, and/or illegible entries or mail. If, in Yamaha's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of a virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud technical failures or other causes beyond Yamaha's control corrupt the administration, securities, fairness integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes and award the prize from all eligible entries received to date tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, Yamaha reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and award the prize using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the date of such action. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of California and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that state.
9. SPONSOR. . Yamaha Corporation of America, 6600 Orangethorpe Ave., Buena Park CA 90620. Neither Verizon Wireless, nor its parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities, are Sponsors of this Sweepstakes.