You can save the command execution result to the external memory by specifying " > sd1:FILENAME" or " > usb1:FILENAME" after a command starting with "show".
A file specified using redirect ('>') will be generated as a new file.
The command execution date/time will be displayed in front of the command execution result of the output destination file.
You will also be able to specify ">>" for the redirect symbol.
If you use ">>", the command execution result will be appended to the end of the specified file.
If you append the command execution result to the file using ">>", a separator line will be output between the command execution results in the output destination file.
If you specify a non-existing file name using ">>", a new file will be generated.
If you specify a '>' for an existing file, a prompt for confirming whether you wish to overwrite the file will appear. Enter ‘Y’ to overwrite the file.
Nothing will be written to the file if you enter ‘N’.
Using a pipe ('|') in combination will enable you to extract only the required lines and save them to a file.
You cannot encrypt the saved files.
The setting values at the time of saving are applied to the "console character" and "console columns" commands.
The setting value of the "console columns" command will be applied.
For more information on the basic usage of the external memory and details of the SYSLOG messages, refer to "Using the External Memory".
Compatible Models & Firmware Revision
|RTX5000||Rev.14.00.15 or later|
|FWX120||Rev.11.03.16 or later|
|RTX810||Rev.11.01.15 or later|
Some execution examples are described below.
- Save the content of the "show techinfo" command to the microSD memory
- Save the content of the "show log" command to the microSD memory
- Appending the content of the "show environment" command to a file on the microSD memory
- Specify an existing file using '>'.
- Combined use with pipe ('|') (1)
- Combined use with pipe ('|') (2)
- Execute from [Execute command] in the GUI
An error will occur in the following cases:
- A pipe ('|') cannot be specified after a redirect.
- More than one redirects cannot be specified.
- Commands starting other than with "less" are not applicable.
- Commands starting with "less" are not applicable.
- You cannot execute it if the external memory is not plugged in.
- You cannot execute it while the external memory button is being pressed.
- You cannot execute it if the use of the external memory is not permitted.
- You cannot execute it if there is insufficient free space on the external memory.
In such a case, a file will be generated in the size of the successfully written data.