Ken Dapron - Director
- Acoustic and Electric Guitar
- Electric Bass
- Amps & Effects
- Custom Shop
- Design & Development
The electric guitar market is an ever-changing pallet of fashion and attitude driven mostly by youthful music trends. The electric guitar is one of the only musical instruments that changes its look, functions and character of sound based on the most current music trend and the artists that drive those trends. As a USA based design team, our biggest challenge is to read into the timing of these trends, which can change almost over night. If our guitar designs dont meet the demands of our customers, we loose the opportunity to present our imaging and exposure with music retailers, consumers and artists.
The Yamaha Guitar Development facility is located in the heart of North Hollywood, California. This state of the art R&D center with a custom shop atmosphere is home to a dedicated and talented staff consisting of artist reps, designers and luthiers that interact daily with top guitarists and bassists from all over the world. Our relationships with these artists is our key to the passion, innovation and craftsmanship of our products. This YGD group is also responsible for artist endorsements (guitar products) and interacts daily with our marketing and design teams in North America, Japan and Europe.For consideration to be a Yamaha Artist, please mail a Press Kit / Promo Pack to:
Yamaha Artist Services, Hollywood
Attn: Scott Marceau
Yamaha Artist Services Burbank
733 N Victory Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502
A promotional package should include:
- Current CD recordings
- Recent photo
- One-page performance bio
- Letter of intent including the following information:
- Name, address, phone number(s), fax number(s), e-mail address, and group name.
- Do you currently play Yamaha instruments? If yes, what models/series? If no, explain why you seek endorsement.
- What kind of music are you currently playing?
- Are you seeking endorsement from other instrument companies? If yes, what other companies are you contacting?
- List any other musical instrument endorsements you may currently have. Also, please include your contact for each endorsement along with a number at which they can be reached.
- List the retail music store and /or personnel with whom you correspond.
- If you become a Yamaha artist at some level, what are your expectations of Yamaha? What is it specifically you are looking for from Yamaha?
Once we receive your materials, we will respond as promptly as possibly. Most packages can take up to 4 weeks to review. Please be patient. These materials will not be returned to you.